"I'm not going to be humble. I'm going to celebrate myself all the time, every day."
-Bozoma Saint John
I'm not going to sit here and write unrealistic goals that can't be accomplished in one year. Or goals that I practically have to drain all of my energy to see them happen. I would like to protect my energy this year and simply enjoy life. These are my goals for 2018:
- Start my email newsletters: I have a newsletter section on my blog but I want to take it one step further and start sending emails to my readers, to you guys. I feel like it's a great way to stay connected to you and for you to stay up to date on my blog. No worries! I won't be spamming your email inboxes.
- Read 25 books this year: I read 15 books last year in 2017. It was my year of really getting back into reading. I learned so much and read so many great stories. I want to continue and grow that hobby. I have an expanding reading list and I think 25 is more than doable.
- Take more weekend/day trips: Looking back in 2017, it was the most we traveled for a while and we absolutely loved it. I want to see more and do more. There is so much to do locally that it would be more than easy to pile everyone in the car, with windows down, and explore. Feel free to leave any recommendations in the comments. We're based in Washington DC.
- Techless Sundays: I feel like it is so easy to get lost in the Netflix binge and the Instagram stories, that I want to put away the phones, unplug the TVs, and do other stuff that doesn't require a screen. It'll also help teach my daughter there is more than weekend cartoons.
- Design a tote bag: This is something I have been wanting to do forever and I spent the last year doing tons of research on it. It aligns with one of my further goals. So I'm just going to take the plunge and design one.
- Make our house feel more like home: We have lived in our house for 2 years now and to be honest we've been living that fraternity lifestyle when it comes to home design. I am so over it. I would love to spend more time at my house if it felt like home. So we're on Pinterest like crazy these days and we're finally making it happen.
- Be Consistent! I wasn't very consistent with a lot of areas in my life last year which left a lot of gaps and confusion. I am going to be more consistent with my time, my energy, my family, my friends, my blog, and of course, with myself.
2018 I am so ready for you. Of course, I have big plans, but I'm open and I'm flexible to whatever this year may bring.
Happy New Year!
Love & Light,