10 Holiday Date Night Ideas
I think dating is such an important part of keeping your relationship or marriage fresh and alive. My husband and I don't go on dates as much as we'd like to but we're making more of an effort.
Together we came up with some of our favorite holiday-themed date night ideas that we are personally looking forward to. Keep in mind, these date night ideas can be adjusted for any time of year.
- Holiday Movie Night In - You do not have to go out of your house in order to have a date. Just wait until the little ones are fast asleep, put on some pajamas, pop some popcorn, make some hot chocolate or eggnog (we like the almond nog by Califia Farms), and binge watch some holiday movies. Some of our favorite holiday movies are:
- A Christmas Story
- Home Alone
- About Time (This isn't a holiday movie but we are obsessed with this movie!
- Visit National Harbor - This is a local harbor near us, located in Maryland. It's supposed to be a very magical place with a giant Christmas tree, lights, and decorations. There's a huge carousel called the Capital Wheel. They also have a nightly fountain show which is supposed to be gorgeous.
- Ice Skating - Apparently there are a ton of ice rinks in DC and we've never been. This idea will be more of a daddy-daughter date this year since I am expecting.
- Zoo Lights - You do not have to be a kid to visit the lights at the National Zoo. Grab some hot chocolate and walk through the amazing lights at the zoo with your other half or go together as a family.
- Gingerbread House Building Contest - Another fun activity to do at home. My husband and I are very competitive so this would be a lot of fun for us. Buy a premade kit or build the house from scratch.
- Bake Cookies - Stay in your pajamas and bake your favorite cookies for movie night. Don't forget the cookie cutters!
- Botanic Garden - We love the botanic garden in DC. They have a current exhibit called Season's Greetings: Roadside Attractions. It's a train show with plant-based recreations of iconic sites across the country.
- Game Night - You can play board games, card games, video games, whatever your hearts fancy. We've really been big into checkers lately.
- Go See A Play - There are a ton of classics during this time of year that ranges from the lower end for tickets to a much higher end.
- Decorate For The Holidays - And last but certainly not least, don't forget to decorate for the holiday with your Christmas music blaring in the background. My husband loves putting up the lights and I love the tree ornaments. This is what really gets us in the holiday spirit.
Love & Light,