30 Before 30
I've seen this trending throughout the internet and it made me think, what do I want to do before I'm 30. It's basically a bucket list but instead of before you die, it's before you turn 30. It gives you something to look forward to and goals to work towards. I'm 23, so I have a full 7 years to accomplish as much as I can, possibly even everything, on my list.
I separated mine into 3 categories: Work. Life. Travel.
W O R K
- Graduate college: I've been in and out of college since I've graduated high school but with this last break, I haven't taken the time to go back. College is important to me and I want to be able to tell my children I have a college degree. So I made an initiative to start school this year. It's about time.
- Become an elementary teacher/counselor: I've struggled a lot with what I wanted to go to school for and I keep coming back to this. This is what I ultimately want to do and to help make a difference. I applaud the amount of time and effort teachers put in.
- Monetize my blog: I love having this platform to share more thoughts and ideas and with time and effort, I would love for this to be a second source of income.
- Design a lifestyle brand: I've wanted to do this since I was a little girl. I have so many different ideas for this and designs. It's a work in progress as we speak, so we'll leave this here.
- Have a podcast/be on one: This has become a new found love. I love listening to podcasts and this field is rapidly growing. Anyone can start a podcast.
- Be featured in a magazine: Again, a dream I've had since I was a little girl. Hopefully, my blog leads me in this direction.
- Start an Etsy shop: It's the designer in me and I think Etsy would be a perfect start for my lifestyle brand.
- Write a children's book: My husband and I actually want to write a children's book together. I adore the stories in children's books and would love to put my imagination to use and write one of my own.
- Start my master's degree: Ultimately I want to have my master's degree and before 30 is more than doable.
- Work with a well-known brand: You know you've made it when bigger brands start recognizing your work and want to work with you.
- Work with another creator: Great things can come when two creatives are put together and I want to work with someone in my wheelhouse.
L I F E
- Get into yoga: I've tried a few yoga classes but I really want to be consistent in it and to really practice it. It has such positive benefits on you physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Be better at friendships: I've struggled with this all my life. I want to make more time and opportunities with my current friends and to create new long-lasting friendships.
- Buy a house: I want that sense of stability and home for my family. The question is where do we want to live.
- Buy a truck: Specifically, buy a Toyota Highlander truck. I've wanted this truck for years and I've told everyone I refuse to be a van mom. I'm more of an SUV kind of mom.
- Have an actual wedding ceremony/reception: My husband and I "eloped" at the courthouse with only our parents and to be honest that's all I really wanted. I couldn't wait to marry that man. It was beautiful and I loved every moment. I would also like to share that moment with friends and family. Nothing crazy fancy, but a 5-year vowel renewal.
- Become CPR certified: I've never been and I think it would be worth having, especially with having kids.
- Own an expresso machine: My husband and I are coffee snobs and after working in a coffee shop, I want to own the real thing. Also, could you imagine how much money I could save!?
- Go hiking: Legit hiking! I've never been and I've always wanted to go.
- Go camping: Legit camping! Tents, sleeping bags, the portable stove burners, the whole nine yards. I think I'll start in my backyard first then work my way up.
- Take makeup lessons: It's become a big interest of mine and I would love to know some tips and tricks from some pro makeup artists because I am not one.
T R A V E L
- Visit Washington state: I've been talking about this state for years. It may even potentially be my home one day but I wouldn't know until I visit. It has the original Starbucks. Plenty of tech companies for my husband. Beautiful outdoor scenes and mountains and yes, I know it rains a lot there.
- Visit California: It seems like you can get a little of everything in California and my husband desperately wants to live here. I just want to visit and experience that California life for myself.
- Go on a cruise: I think this is one of the best types of vacations you can take. And I heard they're pretty affordable with all you can eat food.
- Travel outside the U.S.: I've been to Mexico when I was younger but I want to travel to so many other countries.
- Go to Disney World with the kids: I've been to Universal Studios but never Disney and I am a big Disney fan. I can only imagine the look on my kids' faces and mine!
- At least take one family vacation per year: I loved traveling when I was little and I want to give that experience to my kids. Even with a new baby this year, we have a couple of family vacations already on the books.
- Take a honeymoon trip: My husband and I never got the chance to take a honeymoon and I would love to take a far away trip with him.
- Go back to Arizona: I was super young when I went but I loved every moment it and I want to have that experience and more all over again.
- Go back to Mexico: Again I went when I was young and only for a day. I want to go back and explore more of the culture.
Love & Light,