5 Unplugged Activities for the Family
It's so easy to get caught up in new movie releases, binge-watching Netflix shows, and social media, but it's important to take a break. The best way to do that is to put away all of the technology, unplug it if you must, and spend some time with those living in your house. I mean you see them every day but do you really spend time with them every day?
- The standard Game Night or Day: Turn off the tv, dust off the board games, and gather everyone around the table. When's the last time you all played Monopoly? Twister? Jenga? It's fun and it creates conversation.
- Go to a Recreation Center: Many rec centers have basketball courts, tennis courts, fields, ping pong tables and so much more. Get active with your family!
- Hiking: It's okay if no one has ever hiked in your family before. It can be a walk on the trail in your neighborhood. You can go to a national park and explore the different level of hikes offered there. Get up and walk somewhere!
- Go for a Drive: Grab some snacks and pack everyone up in the car and drive. Let everyone pick somewhere to stop on the way. You never know where you may end up.
- Start a Family Garden: I think this one is the most fun and it can turn out to be an annual thing the family looks forward to. Whether your garden is in the ground, in a planter box, or in a pot, pick some vegetables and dig in!
Whatever you decide, make it fun, put away the tech, and make some memories with the ones who matter the most.
Love & Light,