My Current Top 5 Facial Masks
The best way to give your skin a little TLC when life gets the best of you is with a facial mask. They have them for just about anything these days and it doesn't take a lot of your time or effort.
M Y T O P 5
*listed in no particular order*
- Shea Moisture African Black Soap Clarifying Mud Mask w/ Tamarind Extract and Tea Tree Oil. This mask is meant for blemish prone skin. This mask claims to draw out dirt while helping to absorb excess oil, helping to clarify, balance, and soothe. I've been using this mask for many years and I absolutely love it. You just apply a thin layer and leave on for up to 10 minutes. I then take a damp washcloth to remove the mask and then rinse. It's so easy to remove and doesn't leave a mess. I love the way this mask smells and feels on the skin. I also love the brand and use many of Shea Moisture's products.
- L'oreal Paris Detox & Brighten Pure-Clay Mask is a new found favorite that I have been using for about half a year now. It reminds me of the above Shea Moisture mask just mentioned. It has almost the same texture but a little bit stronger of a smell but the smell doesn't irritate me. The mask claims to detoxify and illuminate the skin with the power of charcoal and leave the skin feeling clean, velvety and rebalanced. You apply an even layer and leave on for 10 to 15 minutes then remove with a damp washcloth and rinse. I will say I love the way my skin looks after using this mask.
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Hydrating Mud Mask w/Frankincense and Myrrh Extracts is very new for me and I picked this mask up because my skin has been so dry with winter. The mask is meant for dry skin and claims to purify skin as it hydrates. You only need 10 minutes to apply an even layer then remove with a damp washcloth and rinse. It is much thicker compared to the other asks mentioned and contains a light scent. It has helped a lot with my dry skin this winter.
- Health & Beauty Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask contains 100% natural calcium bentonite clay. It's deep pore cleansing and claims to be the "world's most powerful facial." This is a popular mask among the beauty community and with good reason. It does its job! So this mask is quite different. You mix the clay (powder) with equal parts of raw apple cider vinegar or water. I personally use ACV but it depends on your skin's sensitivity. Mix together into a smooth paste in a non-metal bowl, with a non-metal utensil. Apply to the face and let it dry for 5-10 minutes for delicate skin and 15-20 minutes for normal skin. I go about 10 to 15 minutes. You will feel your skin tightening and your face pulsate! Then remove with warm water. Removing this mask is messy. There may be slight redness but it should disappear fairly quickly. I use this mask when my face needs a refresh.
- Dr. Jart+ Clearing Solution Ultra-fine Microfiber Sheet Mask is one of my new all-time favorites and I have repurchased this mask many times. It claims to care blemish and improve the tone and texture of skin. It does only contain one single-use mask. It's super easy to apply, you leave it on for 15-30 minutes, remove, and pat in the excess serum, apply your regular moisturizer and you're all done. Do not rinse! My face looks and feels amazing after each use.
If you have 10 minutes then you need to be masking. Your skin will thank you later. What facial masks are you loving?
Love & Light,